Air Conditioning System Noises You Shouldn’t Ignore
The air conditioning system of your Brisbane home is essential to your comfort, especially in the Summer. When it works great, everyone is happy, but what happens when something just doesn’t sound right? The answer is, you need to get it checked out by an Intagas technician to make sure that the noise you hear won’t lead to bigger problems. Following are common sounds that should signal mental alarms that you need an inspection by a seasoned technician.
- Hissing, especially when the system isn’t running, means you may have a leaky refrigerant line, an internal valve leak or a compressor with pressure that is too high.
- If you hearing constant clicking, it could mean there are electrical control issues.
- Banging, thumping and rattling usually indicate something is loose in the motor or blower. When the banging becomes loud, it usually means something has broken off.
- Humming or vibrating could mean that your system has loose parts or the motor is out of balance. The louder the sound, the greater the need to get it inspected. Humming could mean that you have a bad motor or your compressor is straining.
- Buzzing could indicate several different problems, including loose parts, debris, a loose fan motor or a refrigerant leak.
- Squealing or screeching could be a sign of a failing component, such as a motor bearing or a bad belt. The latter could break, resulting in your blower not running at all, which in turn, could cause more damage.
- Grinding could mean there is a problem with the compressor. As the unit starts to fail, piston can cause this sound.
- New sounds, when your unit is normally quiet, indicate that you should call Intagas as soon as possible for help.
Regular maintenance of your system and equipment will keep your air con system operating at the highest degree. A maintenance plan can help reduce the number of unexpected problems. It also provides you with the peace of mind that the system is running the way it should. Maintenance plans can:
- Decrease electricity bills and make your system more efficient
- Result in fewer repairs as small problems are found and addressed early before they become big ones
- Increase equipment life by making sure everything is running as it should
- Ensure safer operation of equipment
- Domestic & commercial gas hot water system
Installation, Service, Maintenance & Repair
- Gas hot water system check up available
Recommended before the winter demand
- Gas appliance installations & repair
Cooktops, Upright cookers, Ovens, BBQs, Heaters
- Gas leaks—fast response
Testing & repairs
- Gas conversions
Natural & LPG
- Gas lines
New installations or upgrade of existing lines
- Gas compliance certificates & plates
- Pre-winter service for portable room heaters
Pick up & drop off service available. Conditions Apply — no parts included
- Temporary gas HWS available for hire
Conditions Apply—must use current location of existing system
- Domestic plumbing installation & repair
Toilets, Taps/Mixers, Shower heads
- Electric hot water system installation & removal
New laws apply
- Electric hot water system check up available
To check if your hot water system meets current Australian standards
- New cold/hot water line installation
- Upgrade of old existing water lines
Air Conditioning Services
- Installation of split system air conditioners
Up to 18kw
- Basic clean service available
Local Suburbs Serviced:
Bowen Hills, Brisbane, East Brisbane, Fortitude Valley, Herston, Highgate Hill, Kangaroo Point, Kelvin Grove, New Farm, Newstead, Paddington, Petrie Terrace, Red Hill, South Brisbane, Spring Hill, Teneriffe, West End, Woolloongabba, Acacia Ridge, Algester, Annerley, Archerfield, Burbank, Calamvale, Coopers Plains, Darra, Doolandella, Drewvale, Durack, Dutton Park, Eight Mile Plains, Ellen Grove, Fairfield, Forest Lake, Greenslopes, Heathwood, Holland Park, Holland Park West, Inala, Karawatha, Kuraby, Larapinta, Macgregor, Mackenzie, Mansfield, Moorooka, Mount Gravatt, Mount Gravatt East, Nathan, Norman Park, Pallara, Parkinson, Richlands, Robertson, Rochedale, Rocklea, Runcorn, Salisbury, Seventeen Mile Rocks, Sinnamon Park, Stretton, Sumner, Sunnybank, Sunnybank Hills, Tarragindi, Tennyson, Upper Mount Gravatt, Wacol, Willawong, Wishart, Yeerongpilly, Yeronga, Bahrs Scrub, Bannockburn, Beenleigh, Belivah, Berrinba, Bethania, Boronia Heights, Browns Plains, Buccan, Carbrook, Cedar Creek, Cedar Grove, Cedar Vale, Chambers Flat, Cornubia, Crestmead, Daisy Hill, Eagleby, Edens Landing, Forestdale, Greenbank, Heritage Park, Hillcrest, Holmview, Jimboomba, Kagaru, Kingston, Logan Central, Logan Reserve, Logan Village, Loganholme, Loganlea, Lyons, Marsden, Meadowbrook, Mount Warren Park, Mundoolun, Munruben, New Beith, North Maclean, Park Ridge South, Park Ridge, Priestdale, Regents Park, Rochedale South, Shailer Park, Slacks Creek, South Maclean, Springwood, Stockleigh, Tamborine, Tanah Merah, Underwood, Undullah, Veresdale Scrub, Veresdale, Waterford West, Waterford, Windaroo, Wolffdene, Woodhill, Woodridge, Yarrabilba, Redcliffe, Clontarf, Deception Bay, Kippa-Ring, Margate, Newport, Rothwell, Scarborough, Woody Point, Albany Creek, Arana Hills, Bray Park, Brendale, Eatons Hill, Everton Hills, Ferny Hills, Griffin, Kallangur, Lawnton, Mango Hill, Murrumba Downs, North Lakes, Petrie, Strathpine, Warner